Booking terms & conditions – INDIVIDUAL
Martin Castle Ltd will only regard bookings as confirmed upon receipt of a full payment. Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
Failure to pay the course fee before the start date may result in you losing your place on the course.
Booking terms & conditions – COMPANIES
Full payment or a company purchase order is required by Martin Castle Ltd at the time of booking. Bookings are only considered as confirmed upon receipt of either option. Bookings placed by purchase order are binding and payment must reach Martin Castle Ltd 7 days before the course starts.
Failure to pay the course fee 7 days before the start date may result in the loss of the course place.
Booking a course over the internet or by telephone is to be deemed, booking by distance. It does not apply to booking a course in person. The contract is governed by the consumer protection (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). The Regulations generally give you 14 working days (starting after the day in which you entered the agreement) to cancel the contract, unless it is agreed that the services commence within the 14 day period.
Booking a course that commences within the 14 day cooling off period means that the Consumer Contracts Regulations (distance selling) do not apply. As by booking a course that commences within the 14 day cooling off period means by wanting to book that course date you will be giving up your right to cancel. Course fees that have paid will not be subject to a refund.
Course cancellations fees as follows:
More than 4 weeks’ notice – Full refund of course fee, less administration fee of £30 per person
Between 3-4 weeks’ notice of course date – 70% refund is given of course fee
Between 2-3 weeks’ notice of course date – 50% refund is given of course fee
Less than 2 weeks’ notice of course date – a refund is not available
Martin Castle Ltd advises candidates to have their course place covered by insurance. If a course place is cancelled by the candidate due to medical reasons, such as injury or illness, Martin Castle Ltd is unable to issue a refund. A doctor’s certificate may be required if an insurance claim is made..
If a candidate does not complete the course then a refund is not available.
Martin Castle Ltd cannot accept bookings for courses involving exposure to height from candidates with medical contra-indications against working at height. A non-exhaustive list of such conditions is given below.
- Heart disease / chest pain
- High blood pressure
- Epilepsy, fits, blackouts
- Fear of heights / Vertigo
- Giddiness / difficulty with balance
- Impaired limb function
- Alcohol or drug dependence
- Psychiatric illness / counseling
The individual or organization making the booking will have the responsibility to ensure that the candidates attending the course are free of any of the conditions described above or any other medical condition that could impair their ability on the training course to which they have subscribed.
By submitting a course booking form and medical form, the applicant asserts that the candidates are physically fit for the intended course.
Candidates will be required to sign to confirm that they have met the pre-entry requirements and a stamen of medical fitness for the course that they are attending. Candidates will not be accepted onto a course unless they can demonstrate evidence of compliance with the entry requirements for the course they are attending. If the candidates are unable to meet the pre-entry course requirements then they may not be able to continue with the training without refund.
All courses require the candidates to be present for the whole of the course content. If candidates are late or have missed a day’s training then the candidate may not be able to start training or carry on training, this will be at the discretion of the training manager.
If a candidate does not complete the course then a refund of the course fee is not available.
In the unlikely event that Martin Castle Ltd should require to cancel a course e.g. due to trainer illness, Martin Castle Ltd will offer date options to rearrange the course at the earliest convenience or a refund. However, we will not be able to reimburse for any travel or accommodation bookings or cost incurred by the customer.
Training for work at height may involve physical exertion in conditions of exposure to height. It is essential that all candidates are physically fit and able to carry out the tasks expected of them without risk to themselves or others.
If a course is held at a customer’s venue or a location of their choice then Martin Castle Ltd will not be liable for costs incurred for any delay or disruption which may prevent successful completion of all elements of the training syllabus or if training cannot take place due to bad weather.
The term “Martin Castle Ltd” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 3 EAST POINT, HIGH STREET, SEAL, SEVENOAKS, KENT TN15 0EG. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, “Martin Castle Ltd” takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.