This course covers the use of fall protection equipment when working at height. This course is for personnel who are required to work at height, e.g. roofers, maintenance operatives, surveyors/inspectors and telecom mast/tower climbers.
The course provides you with the relevant skills, knowledge and competence to work at height safely using fall protection equipment.
The theoretical part of the course covers the relevant legislation and legal responsibilities when working at height. The selection of anchor points and inspection of equipment as well as the need for emergency procedures.
The practical training covers pre-use check of equipment, installation and methods of use for specific types of fall protection equipment. The correct vertical and horizontal movement with energy absorbing lanyards.
Includes: use of equipment during training. Price includes VAT.
- Assessment Method: Written and practical
- Course Duration: 1 Day
- Trainer to Candidate Ratio: 1:6
- Revalidation Period: Certification valid for 3 years.
- Course Cost: £190+ VAT
- Certification: Paper/PDF copy of Certificate & Photo ID Card
- Legislation and legal responsibilities
- Types and methods of fall protection
- Anchor types and systems
- Equipment selection, use and maintenance, pre-use checks and inspection
- Fall Factors & suspension intolerance
- Emergency procedure
- Selection, fitting and set up of personal fall protection equipment
- Use of mobile energy absorbing lanyards and work positioning lanyards
- Use of horizontal & vertical lifelines
- Installation of fall protection equipment
- Use of work restraint, positioning and fall arrest equipment
- Minimum Age of 18 years
- Candidates need to be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely.
- A self-certified statement of reasonable fitness