This course is intended for riggers, stage workers, production & event staff and sound & lighting technicians within the film, TV, theatre, concerts, arenas and entertainment venues.
This course provides the skills, knowledge and competence to use fall protection equipment to access different kinds of structures e.g. scaffolding, truss, roof beams and gantries.
MCL-UK are running this course in partnership with 1st Option Safety. 1st Option Safety Group is the UK’s leading health and safety provider in the media and entertainment sector. Based in the UK, 1st Option support broadcasters, film & television productions, events and studios worldwide, with advice, support, training and equipment.
- Assessment Method: Written and practical
- Course Duration: 2 Days
- Candidate Ratio: 1:6
- Revalidation Period: Certification valid for 3 years.
- Course Cost: £380.00+VAT
- Certification: Paper/PDF copy of Certificate & Photo ID Card
- Legislation and Legal Responsibilities
- Types and methods of fall protection
- Anchor types and systems
- Equipment selection, use and maintenance, pre-use checks and inspection
- Fall Factors & Suspension Intolerance
- Emergency Procedure & Rescue
- Selection, fitting and set up of personal fall protection equipment
- Use of mobile energy absorbing lanyards and work positioning lanyards
- Use of horizontal & vertical lifelines
- Installation of fall protection equipment
- Use of work restraint, positioning and fall arrest equipment
- Rigging of rope systems & protection
- Use of rope access systems for ascend & descend
- Hauling & lowering equipment
- Use of rope ladders
- Rescuing of a co-worker
- Suspension intolerance and casualty management
Candidates need to be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely. Minimum age is 18. A self-certified statement of reasonable fitness will be requested prior to attendance and candidate should not suffer from claustrophobia.