This rescue training course is for personnel who are required to work at height and already have working at height training with fall protection equipment.
This course has been designed to provide you with the skills, knowledge and competence to undertake a rescue of a co-worker or a casualty who has fallen and is suspended by lanyards. The course covers rescuing a casualty from fall arrest equipment after a fall using a prepacked rescue equipment.
The theoretical content covers the relevant legislation, roles and responsibilities, anchors, equipment inspections, suspension intolerance and casualty management.
The practical content covers the selection of anchor points, use of the rescue equipment, rescue fall protection, casualty management and equipment check.
Includes: use of equipment during training. Price includes VAT. Price may change dependant on date and location.
- Assessment Method: Written and practical
- Course Duration: 1 Day
- Trainer to Candidate Ratio: 1:6
- Revalidation Period: Certification valid for 3 years
- Certification: PDF copy of Certificate
- Legislation and Legal Responsibilities
- Anchor types and systems
- Equipment selection, use and maintenance, pre use checks and inspection
- Suspension Intolerance
- Emergency Procedure / Rescue
- Using rescue equipment
- Awareness of rope protection
- Raising a casualty
- Lowering a casualty
- Rescuing a casualty from lanyards and fall arrest block
- Must have completed a working at height course - Please see MCL's Working at Height Course
- Minimum Age of 18 years
- Candidates need to be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely.
- A self-certified statement of reasonable fitness
WHY BOOK WITH US:
- Over 60 years combined trainer experience
- Globally recognised IRATA and GWO training courses
- 93% Pass Rate
- Multiple state of the art training locations
- Wide range of in-house courses developed according to BS8454 provided under one roof
- Directly employed qualified trainers
- On-site design, fabrication and inspection service
- Equipment supply
- Pay for your training in 3 instalments when booking online