This course is intended for people who will be inspecting PPE equipment. After successfully completing this course, each candidate will be competent in carrying out thorough examinations of equipment and keep traceable records of inspection as to the requirement of LOLER and PPE Regulations
The practical experience is provided in inspecting and assessing the condition of PPE equipment. Candidates will learn the different requirements for metal and textile items. The need for documentation and record keeping are explained as per the regulations.
Candidates should have some knowledge of personal fall protection equipment used in their industry sector.
Includes: use of equipment during training. Price includes VAT.
- Assessment: written question paper and practical examination.
- Course Duration: 2 days
- Revalidation period: Certification valid for 3 years.
- Relevant legislation and legal requirements
- Creating an equipment record system
- Equipment identification and marking
- Certificates of conformity and examination reports
- Equipment standards
- Information supplied by the manufacturer
- User checks
- Equipment maintenance and storage
- Thorough examinations of equipment
- Inspection techniques
- Equipment maintenance and cleaning
- Equipment quarantining and disposal
- Completing an inspection form and report