This course is intended for people who will be carrying out thorough examinations on Personal Fall Protective Equipment, e.g. store personnel, site supervisors, working at height operatives or rope access operatives. Current legislation requires personal fall protective equipment to be thoroughly examined by a competent person as to the Working at Height and Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations.
The theoretical part of the course will focus on roles and responsibilities under current legislation and equipment standards for carrying out thorough examinations of PFPE, as well as equipment purchasing process, identification, maintenance, storage and creating a management record system with appropriate examination regimes and reporting. The practical part of the course looks at how to conduct thorough examinations of PFPE. The candidates will carry out hands-on equipment examinations. Candidates will also get to see destructive testing of different items of equipment.
After successfully completing this course and passing our formal assessment element, each candidate will be competent in carrying out thorough examinations of PFPE.
Includes: use of equipment during training. Price includes VAT.
- Assessment Method: Written and practical
- Course Duration: 2 Days
- Trainer to Candidate Ratio: 1:6
- Revalidation Period: Certification valid for 3 years
- Course Cost: £380+ VAT
- Certification: Paper/PDF copy of Certificate & Photo ID Card
- Relevant and current legislation and legal requirements
- Current Equipment standards
- Creating an equipment record system
- Equipment identification and marking
- Certificates of conformity and examination reports
- Information supplied by the manufacturer
- User checks
- Equipment maintenance and storage
- Thorough examinations of equipment
- Inspection techniques
- Equipment maintenance and cleaning
- Equipment quarantining and disposal
- Completing an inspection form and report
- Candidates should have knowledge and practical experience of personal fall protection equipment used in their industry.
- The minimum age of candidates is 18 years.
- MCL-UK Training Manual
- MCL-UK USB filled with the following:
- ExCel Management Equipment Record System
- Thorough Examination/inspection reports for various types of equipment
- Thorough Examination/Inspection check forms for various types of equipment
- Thorough Examination/Inspection Procedures for various types of equipment
All the equipment for training will be provided in the course cost