PFPE COMPETENT INSPECTOR TRAINING
This course is intended for people who will be carrying out thorough examinations on Personal Fall Protective Equipment e.g., store personnel, site supervisors, working at height operatives or rope access operatives. Current legislation requires personal fall protective equipment to be thoroughly examined by a complete person as to the Working at Height and Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations.
The theoretical part of the course will teach the candidates their roles and responsibilities under current legislation and equipment standards for carrying out thorough examinations of Personal Fall Protective Equipment. As well as equipment purchasing process, identification, maintenance, storage and creating a management record system with appropriate examination regimes and reporting. The practical part of the course will teach the candidate how to conduct thorough examinations of Personal Fall Protective Equipment. The candidates will carry out hands-on equipment examinations as demonstrated by our highly trained and experienced trainers. Candidates will also get to see destructive testing of different items of equipment.
After successfully completing this course and passing our formal assessment element, each candidate will be competent in carrying out thorough examinations of Personal Fall Protective Equipment.
Includes: use of equipment during training. Price includes VAT.
- Assessment Method: Written and practical
- Course Duration: 2 Days
- Trainer to Candidate Ratio: 1:6
- Revalidation Period: Certification valid for 3 years
- Certification: Paper/PDF copy of Certificate & Photo ID Card
This course has been designed for inspectors of personal fall protection equipment. It is aimed at providing you with information and techniques to enable you to:
- Undertake pre-use checks, interim inspections, and thorough examinations
- Identify damage and defects that would require the item being taken out of service
- Produce a management system and specify an examination scheme
- Produce written examination reports and specify any actions required
Your course has been designed to provide progressive and structured training, to best prepare you for the assessment phase, while also allowing individuals to progress at their own speed towards the learning objectives.
- Candidates should have knowledge and practical experience of personal fall protection equipment used in their industry.
- The minimum age of candidates is 18 years.
- MCL-UK Training Manual
- Thorough Examination/inspection reports for various types of equipment
- Thorough Examination/Inspection check forms for various types of equipment
- Thorough Examination/Inspection Procedures for various types of equipment
All the equipment for training will be provided in the course cost