HARNESS & LANYARD COURSE
This course is for persons required to work in specified locations, e.g. MEWP’s, scaffolding, window cleaners, lift engineers and maintenance operatives.
The course provides skills, knowledge and competence to select and use the correct harness and lanyard for the work task.
The theoretical part of the course covers the relevant legislation and legal responsibilities when working at height. The selection of anchor points and inspection of equipment.
The practical training covers pre-use checking of equipment and the correct use of lanyards whilst working at height either within a basket, cradle or on scaffolding.
Includes: use of equipment during training. Price includes VAT.
- Assessment Method: Written and practical
- Course Duration: 1/2 Day
- Trainer to Candidate Ratio:1:6
- Revalidation Period: Certification valid for 3 years
- Certification: PDF copy of Certificate
To provide an overview of the legal requirements for working at height, carry out pre-use checks on equipment, correct fitting of harness and the use of correct lanyards and anchor points.
- Explain the legal requirements relating to working at height
- Explain the hierarchy of controls under the working at height
- Identify the PFPE equipment and equipment required.
- Practical use of the PFPE Equipment
- Discuss and review recertification and training.
- Minimum Age of 18 years
- Candidates need to be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely.
- A self-certified statement of reasonable fitness