This course is for persons required to work in specified locations, e.g. MEWP’s, scaffolding, window cleaners, lift engineers and maintenance operatives.
The course provides skills, knowledge and competence to select and use the correct harness and lanyard for the work task.
The theoretical part of the course covers the relevant legislation and legal responsibilities when working at height. The selection of anchor points and inspection of equipment.
The practical training covers pre-use checking of equipment and the correct use of lanyards whilst working at height either within a basket, cradle or on scaffolding.
- Assessment Method: Written and practical
- Course Duration: ½ Day
- Trainer to Candidate Ratio:1:6
- Revalidation Period: Certification valid for 3 years
- Course Cost: £95+ VAT
- Certification: Paper/PDF copy of Certificate & Photo ID Card
- Relevant legislation, legal responsibilities
- Anchor types and systems
- Equipment selection, use and maintenance, pre-use checks and inspection
- Fall factors & suspension intolerance
- Emergency procedure
- Pre use checks of equipment
- Harness selection and fitting
- Use and selection of work restraint equipment
- Use and selection of work positioning equipment
- Use and selection of fall arrest equipment
- Minimum Age of 18 years
- Candidates need to be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely.
- A self-certified statement of reasonable fitness