GWO MANUAL HANDLING
The GWO Manual Handling course is a half day as either initial or refresher training.
- Initial or refresher course: 1/2 day (morning) £116 inc VAT
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location.
- The delegates are able to identify aspects of their of the job tasks that could increase a worker’s risk of developing muscular/skeletal injuries.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of safe practices of Manual Handling, including the correct handling of equipment.
- The delegates are able to identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor Manual Handling techniques and have a knowledge of reporting methods.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate a problem solving approach to Manual Handling in a wind turbine environment.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate Manual Handling risk reduction techniques.
- Assessment: Practical & Written
- Revalidation period: Certification valid for 2 years.
- Trainer to Candidate Ratio: Theory: 12 Students to 1 instructor; Practical: 6 Students to 1 instructor
The course cost will include:
- If successfully completed, course approved on the WINDA system
- Martin Castle Ltd Training Manual
All of the equipment for training will be provided in the course cost.
- New candidates must register on the WINDA system before joining the course to generate a WINDA ID.
- Delegates to sign a statement stating that they are medically fit to participate in the safety training and that they do not suffer from any medical illness or are under influence of any narcotic substance or alcohol.
- The minimum age of candidates is 18 years. Candidates shall be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely. They shall ensure that they have an adequate level of fitness, are physically able to perform the tasks expected in terms of strength, agility and co-ordination, and are able to withstand the stresses of the working environment, such as heat, cold and other inclement weather. Candidates must be able to understand, write and converse in English