We offer the option to book GWO First Aid as an initial training course or as a refresher course.
- Initial course: 2 days £288 inc VAT
- Refresher course: 1 day £192 inc VAT
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out first aid in a safe manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to ERC and AHA guidelines.
- The delegates are able to identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illness related to the human body.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency in a WTG environment.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of lifesaving First Aid using the Primary Survey A–B–C
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of Ordinary First Aid, the Secondary survey
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of First Aid equipment in a First Aid scenario
- Assessment: Practical & written
- Revalidation period: Certification valid for 2 years.
- Course Durations:
- All 5 Modules Package: 6 days (initial training); 4 day (refresher)
- GWO Working at Heights: 2 days (initial training); 1 day (refresher)
- GWO Manual Handling: 1/2 day (initial & refresher training)
- GWO Fire Awareness: 1/2 day (initial & refresher training)
- GWO First Aid: 2 days (initial training); 1 day (refresher)
- GWO Sea Survival: 1 day (initial & refresher training)
The course cost will include:
- If successfully completed, course approved on the WINDA system
- Martin Castle Ltd Training Manual
All of the equipment for training will be provided in the course cost.
New candidates must register on the WINDA system before joining the course to generate a WINDA ID.
The minimum age of candidates is 18 years. Candidates shall be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely. They shall ensure that they have an adequate level of fitness, are physically able to perform the tasks expected in terms of strength, agility and co-ordination, and are able to withstand the stresses of the working environment, such as heat, cold and other inclement weather. Candidates must be able to understand, write and converse in English.