The GWO Fire Awareness course is a half day as either initial or refresher training.
- Initial or refresher course: 1/2 day £144 inc VAT
- The delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of the development and spread of fire.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of the causes of fires in wind turbines and the dangers related to this.
- The delegates are able to identify any sign of a fire in a wind turbine environment.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of the contingency plans in a wind turbine environment including smoke detection and emergency escape procedures.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct actions on discovering a fire including correct operation and fire extinguishing by means of the firefighting equipment in a WTG.
- Assessment: Practical & written
- Revalidation period: Certification valid for 2 years.
- Course Durations:
- All 5 Modules Package: 6 days (initial training); 4 day (refresher)
- GWO Working at Heights: 2 days (initial training); 1 day (refresher)
- GWO Manual Handling: 1/2 day (initial & refresher training)
- GWO Fire Awareness: 1/2 day (initial & refresher training)
- GWO First Aid: 2 days (initial training); 1 day (refresher)
- GWO Sea Survival: 1 day (initial & refresher training)
The course cost will include:
- If successfully completed, course approved on the WINDA system
- Martin Castle Ltd Training Manual
All of the equipment for training will be provided in the course cost.
New candidates must register on the WINDA system before joining the course to generate a WINDA ID.
The minimum age of candidates is 18 years. Candidates shall be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely. They shall ensure that they have an adequate level of fitness, are physically able to perform the tasks expected in terms of strength, agility and co-ordination, and are able to withstand the stresses of the working environment, such as heat, cold and other inclement weather. Candidates must be able to understand, write and converse in English.