The aim of this module is to enable delegates to support and care for others working in the industry by processing the knowledge, skills and attitude of Enhanced First Aid. Valid GWO BST Module First Aid certificate is a prerequisite for participation.
- Able to demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out First Aid in a safe and sound manner, in accordance with the legislative requirements
- Able to identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms minor and serious injuries and illness related to the human body
- Able to demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency situation in a Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) environment
- Able to deliver immediate enhanced first aid to stabilise the casualty
- Assessing the casualty to determine if medical advice and external-to-incident support is required
- Request telemedical consultation and medical/rescue assistance
- Preparing the casualty for transfer to nominated evacuation/rescue point
- Acting as a leader in first aid situations
- Administering safe, effective and immediate lifesaving and enhanced first aid measures in remote areas using advanced emergency equipment, while having particular regard for personal protection
Initial Course (GWO FA Holders)
& Refresher Package (2 days – £396 inc VAT)
- Assessment: Practical & Written
- Revalidation period: Certification valid for 2 years.
- Trainer to Candidate Ratio: Theory: 12 Students to 1 instructor; Practical: 6 Students to 1 instructor
The course cost will include:
- If successfully completed, course approved on the WINDA system
- Martin Castle Ltd Training Manual
All of the equipment for training will be provided in the course cost.
- New candidates must register on the WINDA system before joining the course to generate a WINDA ID.
- Delegates to sign a statement stating that they are medically fit to participate in the safety training and that they do not suffer from any medical illness or are under influence of any narcotic substance or alcohol.
- The minimum age of candidates is 18 years. Candidates shall be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely. They shall ensure that they have an adequate level of fitness, are physically able to perform the tasks expected in terms of strength, agility and co-ordination, and are able to withstand the stresses of the working environment, such as heat, cold and other inclement weather. Candidates must be able to understand, write and converse in English