This course is for personal who are required to work at height and already have working at height training with fall protection equipment.
This course has been designed to provide you with the skills, knowledge and competence to undertake a rescue of a co-worker or a casualty who has fallen and is suspended by lanyards. The course covers rescuing a casualty from fall arrest equipment after a fall using a prepacked rescue equipment.
The theoretical content covers the relevant legislation, roles and responsibilities, anchors, equipment inspections, Gotcha rescue equipment, suspension intolerance and casualty management.
The practical content covers the selection of anchor points, use of the rescue equipment, rescue fall protection, casualty management and equipment check.
- Assessment Method: Written and practical
- Course Duration: 1 Day
- Trainer to Candidate Ratio: 1:6
- Revalidation Period: Certification valid for 3 years
- Course Cost: £190+VAT
- Certification: Paper/PDF copy of Certificate & Photo ID Card
- Legislation and legal responsibilities
- Anchor types and systems
- Equipment selection, use and maintenance, pre-use checks and inspection
- Suspension intolerance
- Emergency procedure / rescue
- Using the gotcha rescue equipment
- Awareness of rope protection
- Raising a casualty
- Lowering a casualty
- Rescuing a casualty from lanyards and fall arrest block
- Suspension Intolerance and casualty management
- Minimum Age of 18 years
- Candidates need to be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely.
- A self-certified statement of reasonable fitness
- Have already completed a working at height training course
- MCL-UK Training Manual
- USB MCL-UK USB filled with the following
- Anchor Device Installation Report
- Anchor Device Periodic Examination report
All the equipment for training will be provided in the course cost.