CONFINED SPACE & DIFFICULT ACCESS TRAINING
One day Low/Medium Risk Confined Space training course consisting of both theory and practical exercises relating to working in confined spaces. This course will provide delegates with a thorough understanding of confined spaces, associated dangers and the ability to enter, work and leave safely by horizontal and / or vertical entry in line with the Confined Spaces Regulations (1997).
Includes: use of equipment during training. Price includes VAT.
- Assessment: written question paper and practical examination.
- Course Duration: 1 day.
- Revalidation period: Certification valid for 3 years.
- Certification: PDF copy of Certificate
- Definition of confined spaces.
- Types of confined spaces.
- Primary hazards.
- Occupational exposure limits.
- Relevant legislation, guidelines and standards
- Awareness of risk assessments and safety method statement
- Awareness of permit to work systems and exclusion zones
- Working practices and worksite organisation
- Categories of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Equipment selection use and maintenance, pre-use checks and inspection
- Entry & Exit of confined space
- Top Attendant Procedures
- Use and interpret gas detection monitors to verify safe atmospheres
- Properties and the occurrence of bad atmospheres
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Recognise changing environments
- Use and interpret gas monitors to verify safe atmospheres
- Correct fitting and checks of ancillary safety equipment - harness, tripod, winch.
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Work within a safe system of work
- Rescue an injured casualty
- React positively in an emergency situation, current legislation
- Use of escape sets
- Rescue management
- Entry and exit using a tripod and winch
- Carrying out a work task
- Self-rescue with escape set
- Retrieval of a casualty