- This event has passed.
Theatrical Rigging Course London – RC03052
May 3 - May 5£720.00
This course is intended to introduce the concepts of rigging and lifting, rigging equipment and basic lifting techniques for personnel new to the role.
- Assessment Method: Written and practical
- Course Duration: 3 Days
- Candidate Ratio: 1:6
- Revalidation Period: Certification valid for 3 years
- Certification: PDF copy of Certificate
- Law, legislation, roles and responsibilities
- Equipment standards
- Safe systems of work and permits to work.
- Method statements and risk assessments
- Safety on stage and at height
- Types of equipment inspection
- Tagging, marking and storage of lifting equipment
- Basic force calculation through truss and associated lifting equipment.
- An introduction to lifting accessories commonly found in the industry.
- How to perform a pre use check on the lifting equipment.
- How to apply the equipment in a practical scenario.
- Knot tying to use for tag lines and hauling equipment.
- How to sling a beam and rig a chain hoist or chain block at height.
- How to sling around beams and attach to a variety of lifting points.
- Learn about types of truss and how to perform a pre-use inspection.
- How to build truss.
- How to sling and lift different types of truss.
- Learn how to suspend a load using a variety of lifting equipment.
- Show an understanding of electronic chain hoists and their control systems.
- Must have completed a working at height course - Please see MCL's Working at Height Course
- Minimum Age of 18 years
- Candidates need to be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely.
- A self-certified statement of reasonable fitness