- This event has passed.
Riggers Course Part 1 London – RC291121
November 24, 2021 - November 26, 2021£720.00
This course is intended to introduce the concepts of rigging, awareness and safety at height and when lifting, rigging equipment and basic lifting techniques for personnel new to the role.
This course provides the information and skills for learners to understand the use of lifting equipment and how it is applied in a practical setting.
- Assessment Method: Written and practical
- Course Duration: 3 Days
- Candidate Ratio: 1:6
- Revalidation Period: Certification valid for 3 years
- Certification: PDF copy of Certificate
- Law, legislation, roles and responsibilities
- Equipment standards
- Safe systems of work and permits to work.
- Method statements and risk assessments
- Safety on stage and at height
- Types of equipment inspection
- Tagging, marking and storage of lifting equipment
- Basic force calculation through truss and associated lifting equipment.
- An introduction to lifting accessories commonly found in the industry.
- How to perform a pre use check on the lifting equipment.
- How to apply the equipment in a practical scenario.
- Knot tying to use for tag lines and hauling equipment.
- How to sling a beam and rig a chain hoist or chain block at height.
- How to sling around beams and attach to a variety of lifting points.
- Learn about types of truss and how to perform a pre-use inspection.
- How to build truss.
- How to sling and lift different types of truss.
- Learn how to suspend a load using a variety of lifting equipment.
- Show an understanding of electronic chain hoists and their control systems.
- Must have completed a working at height course - Please see MCL's Working at Height Course
- Minimum Age of 18 years
- Candidates need to be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely.
- A self-certified statement of reasonable fitness