- This event has passed.
NUCO First Aid at Work London – FAW30032
March 30 - April 1£259.00
This course will give the participants a qualification to the highest level of First Aid, meeting the statutory requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. .
- Assessment Method: Written and practical
- Course Duration: 3 Days
- Candidate Ratio: 1:12
- Revalidation Period: Certification valid for 3 years. To renew the qualification, learners will need to sit the FAW Re-Qual course. However, it is recommended that during the 3-year period, the learners attend annual refresher courses.
- Certification: PDF copy of Certificate
A range of subjects are covered including:-
- Legalities, responsibilities and reporting
- Heart attacks
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
- Eye injuries
- Fractures and spinal injuries
- Control of bleeding
- Chest injuries
- Assessment of the situation
- Shock (including Anaphylaxis)
- Head injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Candidates need to be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely.
- A minimum of 14 years of age (subject to assessment). A student cannot assume a responsibility in the workplace until they reach the age of 16, and then it is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that the student is suitable for that role.
- A self-certified statement of reasonable fitness will be requested prior to attendance