This course is designed for personnel who carry out inspections on fixed ladders to BS 4211 British Standard which specifies requirements for ladders with single bar rungs intended to be fixed permanently to structures.
- Assessment Method: Written and practical
- Course Duration: 1 Day
- Trainer to Candidate Ratio:1:6
- Revalidation Period: Certification valid for 3 years
- Certification: PDF copy of Certificate
To provide the candidate with the knowledge and skill set to be able to carry out in services inspection of fixed ladders as per BS2411.
- Provide an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of an inspector.
- Provide an awareness of the BS4211 Permanently fixed ladder standard.
- Provide an understanding of the inspection criteria for the following:
- Fixing element
- Type of ladders
- Safety cage
- Safety gate/trapdoor
- Required distances.
- Provide and understanding of completing an inspection report and paperwork to be provide to the client after an inspection and tagging information.
- Must have completed a working at height course - Please see MCL's Working at Height Course
- Minimum Age of 18 years
- Candidates need to be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely.
- A self-certified statement of reasonable fitness