- This event has passed.
Anchor Bolt Installation and Testing London – ABI22092
September 22, 2022 - September 23, 2022£540.00
This course if for technicians to install BS EN795 Type A anchor bolts and be able to certificate and test
- Assessment Method: Written and practical
- Course Duration: 2 Days
- Trainer to Candidate Ratio: 1:6
- Revalidation Period: Certification valid for 3 years
- Certification: PDF copy of Certificate
• BS EN795 – Personal Protection against Falls from height – Type A Anchor devices.
• BS 7883 – Code of Practice for design, selection, installation, use and maintenance of anchor devices
• BS 8610 – Personal Fall Protection Equipment – Specification
• IRATA ICOP – Annex F - Safety considerations when installing or placing anchor devices for use in rope access
• Working at Height Regulations
• Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
• Selection and types of anchor devices
• Method of fixing – Resin & Mechanical
• Location of Anchors
• Structure Requirements
• Testing and Equipment
• Anchor Bolt Identification Tag information
• Anchor Bolt certification and information to be supplied to the client
• Equipment used for installation and testing
• Use of PPE whilst installing anchors
• Understand and use equipment for the installation of anchors.
• Understand and carry out structural tests of the base material.
• Understand the importance of correct installation of anchors in terms of drilling and preparing the holes for the anchor inserts.
• Carry out an installation of the following anchor systems.
o Resin inserts and anchors
o Mechanical Anchors
o Through type anchor systems
o Steel fixed anchor systems
o Roof anchor systems
• Carry out a thorough examination, inspection and testing of the above anchor systems.
• Carry out a pull test after installation.
• Understand the installation of anchor posts and davit arms, bases, and inspection/testing.
• Understand and use a Hydrajaws pull testing device with load bridge.
• Understand and use a load cell for pull testing / weight loading of anchor devices.
- Minimum Age of 18 years
- Candidates need to be physically fit and free from any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely
- A self-certified statement of reasonable fitness
- MCL-UK Training Manual
All the equipment for training will be provided in the course cost.